Crozzled state of mind.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Things

Well this took me forever to post. These are just some things I got for Christmas:

This is a really pretty nightgown set with stitched flowers on the bodice and shoulders of the outer piece.


The items on the left are records that my mother decided to start collecting for me. She wants to get a player so we can listen to them! Books are to the right. Pretty self-explanatory.


More paper goods. I already started playing Cheek to Cheek on the piano and ukulele. The cards are very neat. They are from my grandmother, and they are old photos from around where I live. Of the five big postcards showing, the one on the bottom right was written and dated 12/23/09. As in 1909, and it is a woman writing to her mother about getting on the train and Christmas plans, etc. Of the small cards, the one pictured on the left (I know these are hard to see, but...) is of Exposition Park and the Natural History Museum (where I work in the summer)!


This book is full of odd quotations, but the drawings have a very clean art deco feel to them. The gingerbread-shaped cooking pan to the right is pretty exciting - I can't wait to use this next year.


The jewelry on the left are vintage items from my grandmother, and the ones on the right are all brooches from my mother's job.

Also, surprise surprise, I have two new perfumes:

Lollia's Breathe and YSL's Parisienne
And to a certain someone: NO, I do not bathe in it, and NO I am not stinky. They smell good and light.

Everything else was either less exciting (things I needed), more personal, or silly to photograph, like gift cards.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

What delightful presents, especially the nightgown it truly is a gorgeous piece of work and design.

Unknown said...

Those records look awesome! You should post some of the quotations from that book! Looks cool!

VKMfanHuey said...

Cool stuff! Glad you received items that were of interest to you. Especially the sheet music (I would like the Cheek to Cheek sheet - but alas, I cannot play, so you put it to much better use!) ...and, cool to see you have some VINYL now! (LP records...I have oh, about 500!!!) I received a 'LP to MP3' deal - you just plug it in (USB) to the computer, and it copies vinyl into MP3s... this would be what you need! Mine is called ION...haven't hooked it up yet, but plan to soon (seems like I have been saying that a lot lately...sheesh...)...and cool books, too! YOU need to crank out a 'trivia' post!

KerrieGrant said...

Indeed, a nice collection of gifts! Santa was very kind to you. Just a few particular comments....
1. LOVELY nightgown. Soooo pretty!
2. I think Tatlings would lend itself to an excellent post on Say What.
3. You should give the GINGERbread pan a test run before next Christmas. :)
4. I think I'll need a nose plug for Ginger's house.

Betsy said...

Nice haul from Santa! That nightgown is lovely.

PG Dagda said...

What a lovely lot of Christmas presents. Santa really did find you a good girl after all.
The nightgowns are unbelievable, I bet you jumped up to the ceiling when you got those.
I have been know to be 'Gingerbread-shaped' when cooking but not the shape of your one :)
I have three record players along with my gramaphone, I'll post one to you if you need one :)
You are radidly becoming a real lady in a world of lost femininity.