Crozzled state of mind.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Award

Thank you to Pink Flower for this award! I'm not exactly sure what kind of award it is since the text on the image is too small for me to read (I sound old) but I think I have a handle on what to do!



a) Nominate three more blogs for the award
b) Answer a few questions about myself

1. A Noodle in a Haystack
2. Some Parade
3. Finding Ginger
I don't think any of these blogs will be posting all too often at the moment, but hey. ;)

What's your current obsession?
Shopping at vintage fashion expos. They are so great because everything is right there, and unlike a flea market, you know it's going to be vintage!

What's your zodiac sign?
Sagittarius, the hardest one to spell. I really don't know anything about my sign, except for the fact that it's some half-man creature.

What am I wearing today?
Right now I'm wearing a little red and white striped sun dress that has small black flowers on it. I just realized the flowers are so spread out. Also, it is hot enough to be wearing this sun dress today.

What's your latest purchase?
A cigarette case.

What do you have for dinner?
Usually a lot of vegetables and sometimes pasta.

What's your favourite decade?
1930s 100%! Bias dresses I love. After putting one on you have the urge to spin around and dance. (I did that a little after trying one on in the dressing room of one of the expos.)

What are your must haves for summer?
Sunglasses and a hat, yet both of those items are broken. :(
Also, ice cream, and cute sandals! My sandals are also broken. :( Good think ice cream can't exactly break, otherwise I'm sure I would have broken it by now, too.

What is your favourite piece in your closest?
Hm. I really like this sheer, bias, early 40s dress I have. I also like my velvet 30s dress that I posted about. I also like Ginger's skirt and gloves, which I posted about as well. I also like my two silk scarves from China. I love a lot of my shoes. How do I decide?

What is your dream job?
Being the costume designer for period piece movies. :)

What's your favourite magazine?
I guess Vogue because I see the photo shoots as art versus advertisements for clothing. I also like some of the old LIFE magazines.

What do you consider a fashion no-no?
Bubble tops. I have one, but I always hide it by tucking it in. I personally think they look unflattering on people, but I think that's because I am drawn more to thinks that hug my waist and don't really enjoy looking pregnant when I'm not.

Describe your personal style?
Anything that has a vintage feel. I look for key aspects, such as ruffles, dots, peter pan collars, lots of buttons, cinching at the waist, bias, in modern clothing.

Who was your favourite Beatle?
Ringo!

What are you proud of?
Having the ability to think for myself and not always follow others, and having possessed this ability a lot longer than other people my age.

6 comments:

becca said...

Thanks for the award!

I loved reading your answers. I feel the same way about bubble-tops! When I see someone wearing one, I get this weird feeling that I should be asking, "So, when are you due?"

Lauren said...

HAH. People say they wear it to hide any excess stomach, but all they are doing is essentially creating a balloon around it. There MUST be another method.

Lauren

VKMfanHuey said...

...see how all my 'constructive criticism' regarding your posting habits has paid off?
Seriously, congrats for the honor... this is a neat site, (but yes, I am STILL 'just here for the Ginger'...)

Huey HamBam

Lauren said...

Oh very funny Huey.
But thank you! And yeah, yeah, Ginger. -good spot for the rolling eyes smiley-

Lauren

VKMfanHuey said...

PS...believe it or not, I am a big Ringo fan, also! I remember when I was about 7 or so, I got Ringo's solo record...not his first, but really his best (the one with the cover that kinda mimics Sgt. Peppers, with a lot of characters on it)...had the songs 'You're Sixteen', 'Oh My My', and 'Photograph', the latter being just a killer ballad by George Harrison. It was one of the first LPs I ever owned, and I played it to death on my little Fisher-Price turntable... I bought the CD of it not all that long ago...

Lauren said...

And you met my guinea pig Ringo!

Lauren